Salifert Flatworm eXit
Shipping and Returns policy
Live Arrival Guarantee
Salifert Flatworm eXit itself is quite safe to fish and invertebrates.
However, the body fluids of flatworms can be toxic to some reef inhabitants when present in a too high of a concentration. This body fluid is sometimes excreted when flatworms die.
Please read before commencing with the treatment!
When using this product it is important to do the following first:
1) Siphon out as many flatworms as possible.
2) Have sufficient fresh activated carbon in a canister ready.
3) Turn off UV, ozone and remove activated carbon. Keep the skimmer turned on.
Many people have treated their reef tank(s) successfully using Flatworm eXit without any problems. The most important factors are reducing the number of flatworms before commencing with the treatment and reducing the amount of the flatworm&rsquo,s body fluids, released when they die during treatment, as fast as possible.
Do not underestimate the number of flatworms in your system or the possible amount of fluids excreted by dying flatworms.
Any possible toxic body fluids released by the dead flatworms in the water should be reduced further by using about 1 pound of fresh high quality carbon for every 50 gallons of water. The carbon should be used in a canister with a sufficiently forced water flow.
It is important to monitor the aquarium for at least six hours after treatment.
It is advisable to perform at least a 25% water change after treatment.
- 1 drop for every 4 liters or 1 gallon of water.
The dropper contains approx. 300 drops (10 ml). The dropper cap holds approximately 90 drops.
1 cap full is sufficient for treating 360 liters or 90 gallons of water.
To begin treatment add Salifert Flatworm eXit in a high flow area of the aquarium. If you want to treat a refugium only and if it&rsquo,s volume is too small for using a powerhead then mixing should be done manually and added.
- Salifert Flatworm eXit should start to work within 30 minutes.
- If within 45 minutes no visible death of flatworms occurs add 50% more.
- As soon as the flatworms start to die commence with the activated carbon to take out any toxic body fluids.
- After an hour any UV or ozone used in the aquarium may be used again.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Salifert Flatworm eXit is intended for aquarium hobby use only.